When you develop sensitivity to cold, hot or sweet things, there may be something going in your mouth which you need to get checked out by your dentist. A cavity or decay or caries develops when foods, sugars etc that remains in the oral cavity are broken down into acids by bacteria that are present in the oral environment. These acids breakdown tooth enamel creating a cavity.
These cavity calls for your dentist to remove all the decay and fill the tooth area that was removed to prevent future decay and protect the remaining tooth structure left.
Say goodbye to ugly silver colored amalgam fillings! Modern dentistry uses materials that are now safer and esthetically pleasing.
Tooth coloured fillings are becoming increasingly popular over the traditional silver mercury fillings. Silver fillings characteristically darken over time and have a tendency to fracture the tooth in the long run. They tend to corrode and leak over time.
Invisible composite bonded fillings are not only more aesthetic but require less of tooth structure to be removed. Infact once bonded in, they strengthen the tooth.
Today patients demand to replace their old black fillings in place of tooth coloured composite bonded fillings that blend in beautifully with the remaining tooth whereby creating an invisible effect.
- For cavities that occur between 2 teeth
- For cavities that occur next to the gum line
- They can also be used to repair broken edges or fractured front teeth
- They can be used to close spaces between teeth as well.
- Microhybrid composites â€“ Esthet-Xâ„¢ Dentsply DeTrey. – It has been rated as the No.1 composite in the world by Reality 2007. It has more polishability and wear resistance as compared to the rest of the composites in its field.
- Nano ceramic composite – Ceram-XT Dentsply DeTrey.